This is the web site for MATH 101 Term 2 of the 2020S session (July to August 2020).
- Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 10-12 am
- Wednesdays: 10-11 am
- Location: Online, see Canvas or Piazza for links (Piazza access code is 2020951).
Teaching staff (2020 Summer Term 2)¶
- Instructor: Babhru Joshi
- Office hours: Mondays, Fridays: 3-4 pm and Tuesdays: 10-11 am or by appointment.
- Location Online, see Canvas or Piazza for links.
- email: email@example.com
- Teaching assistant: Pulkit Gandhi
- We will be using CLP-2 Integral Calculus by Joel Feldman, Andrew Rechnitzer, and Elyse Yeager.
- There are other free online textbooks you can refer to as well. See here
Sequences and limits; Riemann sums; definite and indefinite integration; the fundamental theorem of calculus; substitution methods; improper integrals; work, volume, and centroids; integration by parts; partial fraction decomposition; approximation of integrals; separable differential equations; series; convergence tests; absolute and conditional convergence; Taylor series; power series.
One of MATH 100, MATH 102, MATH 104, MATH 110, MATH 120, MATH 180, MATH 184.
Course discussion board¶
- Discussion board is hosted on Piazza. Here is the link to enroll (Piazza access code is 2020951).
This course will be conducted entirely online. Students are expected to attend the online lectures. For most lectures, pre-recorded videos will be posted on Canvas before class. You are expected to watch these videos before attending the online lectures. Online lectures will be discussion based where we expand on topics covered in the videos.
During class, students should be fully engaged with the class, to the best of their ability. Students are expected to leave their video connection on for the majority of class. If this is not possible, please consult with the instructor and an accommodation will be made on a case by case basis. Participants should mute themselves when they are not speaking. Participants should willingly volunteer to answer questions and should be prepared to be called upon to answer questions if needed.